- Convenience - The lamps are easy to set up. All you need to do is hook them up to a power source, and then use your smartphone or tablet to connect the lamp to your local Wi-Fi network and set up the same Group ID for each device. That's it! Moreover, the units have a relatively small footprint so they won't take up much space. You can place them wherever you spend most of your time - at home or in the office. They can also be used as simple table lamps, but if they're connected then remember that the other lamp will change color every time you tap yours!
- Cost-effectiveness - Beware of cheap long distance lamps for reasons given here. The ideal balance is a cost-effective Friendship Lamp that becomes even more affordable with discounts and special offers running through the year. Cost-effective is not the same as cheap because there are considerations like quality and safety involved. Be safe and buy an authentic product with appropriate safety certifications rather than something that's a few dollars cheaper.
- Portability - The lightweight Friendship Lamp has a small footprint, as we said. That means you can carry it from your home to your office or place it in different rooms in your home. The best part is that previously connected Wi-Fi networks are remembered and connected to when you move the lamp from one previously-used location to another.
- Flexibility - The Friendship Lamp for couples, friends, and family members can either be used in pairs or in sets, even large ones. We know lots of families spread out over the world who each have one lamp and have chosen their unique color when setting it up. There are 10 color options but no limit to how many units can connect to a single Group ID. Some large families even use one color for each branch of the family, allowing them to use literally dozens of units intermeshed with each other.
- Effectiveness - This is the chief quality of Friendship Lamps. It allows people to stay connected with each other without the need to pull out their smartphones to tap out a message or make a call. Just one touch and your sentiment of "I'm thinking of you" gets instantly sent across the room or across the world. People who have used it regularly attest to how it allows them to stay emotionally close to long-distance spouses, partners, friends, siblings, parents, grandparents, and other close family members.
Long distance lamps are essentially digital versions of regular bedside or table lamps, but with a different and more specific purpose. Such a setup for couples in a long-distance relationship, for instance, would consist of a set of two Friendship Lamps. Each would be connected to its respective local Wi-Fi network in separate locations but tied together through the same Group ID. When set up, they work such that if one of the lamps is touched at the top, on the sensor plate, the other one - no matter where in the world it is - lights up in a preselected color. It's a fantastic way for long-distance couples to stay connected with each other across the miles and send moments of love to each other at any time. Here are some of the other benefits of using Friendship Lamps when you're in a long-distance relationship with someone.